IS Analyst Security III
by Daniel Ball on October 31st, 2014
IS Analyst Security III: Contract to Hire
- More of an operational security Analyst then Audit needed.
- Healthcare experience needed. Without Healthcare it takes to long to get up to speed
- Experience in compliance
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for multiple day-to-day security tasks and
various information security projects as part of supporting the organization’s information security needs.
Day-to-day tasks include incident response, evaluation of requests for security changes, and monitoring
of various security devices and audit logs. Responsibilities also involve providing ongoing support and
advice to IT staff and end users on a variety of security issues, and ensuring that Denver Health’s security
policy and procedures are adhered to.
In collaboration with infrastructure and application teams and external department system
administrators implements and monitors organization IS security policies and procedures.
1)Works with IS section managers and staff to ensure security issues are addressed as new
equipment, facilities, systems, and software are installed.
2) Develops processes for routine and requested internal audits of systems, applications, and data
access including tools and techniques used to conduct audits.
3) Conducts or coordinates audits on predefined schedule and when an audit is requested
or indicated as part of an investigation
4)Documents audit findings and follows-up on access irregularities.
5)Follows procedures and industry best practices for reporting and investigating I.S. related security
6) Investigates and documents all reported or suspected security incidents. Maintains
documentation of investigations and provides reports to the IS Security Manager.6)Recommends implementation of corrective actions needed to remedy security
Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Certification/Licensure/Registrations Required: CISSP preferred & one of the GIAC certifications preferred